Tuesday 10 May 2011

The Haven is whole again

Just a quick note to say that Justin returned on Monday and spoke to the Foundry about the keel and on inspection of some emailed photo's and the conversation it was decided that things are not that bad and the keel can be attached to the boat with some simple adaption. From my understanding I think we are going to attach the keel straight along the centre line of the boat with the slots lined up and fair in the sides of the keel to the rest of the boat. I am not entirely sure until I see it but I have been assured by Justin that all is OK and he admits a knee jerk reaction when he first saw it arrive. It was not even taken off the pallet apparently and ispected from all angles. Well there you go.......I don't know at all......what pavlova and a stressfull couple of days but I will rest even easier when I see it attched to the boat. Alot of other issues have been resolved over the last day such as the rigging order and we are back on track.

4 comments:

  1. Pavlova is meringue with stawberries & cream on top.A palava is a crisis with a keel.....I don't know at all mate..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a relief to hear that you are back on track. Fantastic job you are doing!

    Best wishes,
    Bill.
    http://bills-log.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Brenda, I know what a Pavalova is, I was just quoting DelBoy on Only Fools & Horses who used to say Pavlova instead of Polava........I don't know at all mate, I'm not as thick as you think, I might be a fool though taking all this on........it's enough to give you a connery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yes, Thankyou William for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete