Wednesday 15 June 2011

She is Tucked Away for a while before Finishing

I did not stop yesterday from early morning. Firstly with help of the Bob Jennings who I hold in the highest esteem, we fitted the newly finished centre board back into the case and thankfully it did fit this time. Liz Colyer, Lyme's new resident sail maker then arrived for the first fit of the custom cover that she is going to make. I then had a vist to her new loft where she is kindly storing my sails until I retrun back from a much need holiday back home in N.Ireland. After lunch I started working on some reinforcement strutts to span the cockpit when the boat is strapped onto the trailer. Bob and I worked until 4:30 when the boat was finally strapped ready to leave the BBA. Driving off with her was more of a moment and send off than the anti-climax of launch day. We safely made it to the top of Cobb Hill which was a major test of out tieing on. She is safely tucked away in Axminster under tarpaulins and Liz will make a couple of trips this week to fit the custom cover.
I return to the South Coast in a couple of weeks to take up my new position with in the marketing department of Wessex Resins who manutacture West Sytems Epoxy. It will take me a while to settle into this new role and so I do not know when or if I will have the Haven completely finished and launched this summer. To tell you the truth I am so shattered that I need to step back for a while and come back to her refreshed to enjoy doing the last little finishing touches. She will come to no harm until my enthusiasm returns.
So the Blog has not finished just yet. Keep watching until you see her launched somewhere in the Solent with her name on the bow. Thanks for all the interest and support from everyone watching.

2 comments:

  1. http://marinesoftwaredownloads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Professional Deck Builders Has Been Providing Stylish Outdoors Carpentry Masterpieces For Over Two Decades. Read more.

    ReplyDelete